Obtaining a travel document after DACA approval. Have recent approvals pursued this?

New Haven, CT |

What is a legitimate reason? Is the ten year bar in effect if a DACA applicant travels with the document. What are the risks?

1. DO NOT GET THE PERMIT if you were over 18-1/2 when you applied for DACA ... your legal ability to return may be at risk .... wait for the elections and announcements of policy interpretations early next year.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. It has to be a pretty urgent reason in order to be approved for the travel document, such as an extreme illness or life or death situation in your family. Consult with an immigration attorney in private about your options.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.