Obstruction of Justice or Perjury?

Asked over 1 year ago - Suffolk, VA

As stated, my ex accused me of battery which after she admitted she lied was arrested. Months later she recanted her statment in order to get a P.O. which eventually was dropped in court. She wanted to get back together so appologized in a text for lieing and putting me through the litigation. Additionally, she was able to get a PO in MA stating VA was doing nothing to protect her and using the incidents she was arrested on. Please advise.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Your best, and maybe only opportunity to show her 'lies' was to contest her when the battery charges and protective order were sought.

Exactly what advice were you looking for? Does't seem to make sense that she would recant her battery charge so she could then get a protective order The she apologized for he purpose of getting back together, then got another protective order in MA. Something missing from your post....recommend you sit down with an attorney in your area and discuss ALL the facts, see if that Attorney, so informed, can help you ID a way-ahead.

2. Crystina Marie O'Brien

Pro

1

Answered . Well, I think if you have any funds to hire an attorney you need to fight the protective order in MA. It is never a good thing to have a protection order on you - it can have all sorts of consequences. Also, you might want to consult a personal injury attorney about her actions. While I believe these cases are difficult to prove, you might find taking charge and suing her may stop this harassment. This is not advice, the advice is merely to consult an attorney about both of these matters.

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Okay I'm confused. You start out by stating "As stated, my ex. . ." Is there an earlier posting that I can't locate? Btw is "PO" your abbreviation for protective order? In this part of the universe PO normally is the abbreviation used in the criminal justice system for probation officer. In any event, you don't really give much of a clue as to what you want advice about. I apologize if it's me missing something that others can see.