Obstruction of justice in Tulsa, Ok

Asked over 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I recently moved back to Cali California and applied for my old job back, everything is going good pass my drug test now waiting on some background checks.. I have a clean record except for last summer I was charges with obstruction of justice ( misdemeanor ) I hired a lawyer and took a plea baring, 6 months probation then if I pay all my fines everything will be expunge.. My question is will this show up on my background check with Sears? I was worried so I paid for instant background check myself and it should up.. Thanks

I got off probation January 2012 my Lawyer assured me that it should not effect my employment and also I honestly check the no box when any questions comes up about being convicted

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

3

Answered . It may well show up on your background check with Sears. I do not know Oklahoma law and therefore do not know the effect of any expungement you received there. Even if your records were sealed, companies that do background checks could have learned of your plea from a variety of sources.

2. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

2

1

Answered . You must contact an attorney in OK, CA attorney's won't know the answer to that questions.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

2

Answered . Hope not. Companies ten to take a dim view of false statements about your past. Especially when it is recent.
    If it were just a local company, you might not have much to worry about. Empahsis is on the word might.