Obstruction of justice for not letting an officer in without a warrant. Am I looking at jail time

Asked about 1 year ago - Cadillac, MI

Officer came to door and ask to talk to boyfriend.. I tried waking him at least 4 times returning to the door each time. I had 3 small children inside sleeping and would not let them in without a warrant. Three months later my name was in the news paper under wanted and I turned myself in... I now have court in a couple days..

1. Jared Clayton Austin

5

1

Answered . There must be more to this. At least, I hope so. No one has to let the police in or talk to the police in that situation if they do not have a warrant. Retain an experienced criminal attorney in your area as soon as possible to review your case.

2. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

4

1

Answered . There is no duty to let police in without a warrant. No crime here unless boyfriend was on probation or he had a warrant out and the police told you he did.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

5

Answered . Hire an attorney. Stay off the internet. Talk only with your lawyer about your defense.

More details are needed to know what defense you might fashion

4. Mani Khavajian

Pro

3

Answered . Hire an attorney and do not discuss the facts of your case with anyone except an attorney in private.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
  5. Timothy J. Klisz

Pro

1

Answered . You certainly could be. Hire a good local attorbey and strategize your case with them.