Oath scheduling que

San Diego, CA |

On the 19 of March 2013 I made a change of address while my N-400 was still pending a decesion after interview, and now today (21 March 2013) I received an e-mail stating that my application is now in the oath scheduling que, my question is will they mail the notice of ceremony to my new state, I am concerned that it was only a 2 day gap between the time I filed a change of address and the application going into the oath scheduling que. Thanks so much

You need to do an InfoPass.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

So you are saying that the change of address (AR-11 & the online change of address for case's pending) is not enough , and this infopass, do i make it for Kansas City (my new home) or do I have to fly back to Santa Ana Ca. where I first filed the N-400?

You may want to schedule an InfoPass appointment to clear this up.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

what am I clearing up? my application has been put in oath schedulig que. they have not said when or where the ceremony will take place, my only question is will they schedule it for my new residenece? Thanks

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.