NYC non drivers id

Asked over 2 years ago - Floral Park, NY

How can I get a NYC non drivers id if I am an illegal alien ?

1. Jennifer Wang

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are one of the many undocumented aliens who are able to produce all the required document somehow, DMV can issue you with an ID card. Four requirements:

1. You will need to fill out an “Application for Driver License or ID Card” which can be found at DMV.

2. Proof of Name and Identity: The DMV assigns a certain number of points to each document and requires that you provide at least 6 points when you apply for your ID card. Examples of documents you can use and how many points they provide is below:
    o Current US Passport (4 points)
    o Foreign Passport (3 points)
    o Permanent Resident Card (3 points)
    o Welfare, Medicaid or Food Stamps card with a photo (3 points)
    o US Social Security Card (2 points)
    o Welfare, Medicaid or Food Stamps card without a photo (2 points)

3. Proof of Date of Birth: The best way to do this is by bringing an original or certified photocopy of your birth certificate.

4. Social Security Card.

J.W.LAW Tel. 617.221.3030 If you found the attorneys' answers are helpful, please thank the attorneys by marking their answers "helpful" or "best answers" so that they can get their credit from AVVO. The attorneys donate their time on AVVO to answer legal questions for free merely contribute their legal advice and do not create any legal representation relationships.

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

2

1

Answered . The non driver ID is issued by the state department of motor vehicles, not the city. I don’t believe you can obtain one so long as you don’t have legal status.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Answered . You can apply if you have certain other forms of ID. Visit the DMV website for the specifics.