Skip to main content

NY state divorce laws

New York |
Filed under: Divorce

my boyfriend has been living a part from his wife ow for 2 years, she would not sign seperation papers back then, took him to court over his son and tired to take his rights away, it did not work the courts gave him his every other weekends and 2 weeks out of the years and more, things worked out just fine for him. He is now suing her for divorice can I live with him in the state of NY without causing any issues?

Attorney Answers 1


Given that they have been apart for over 2 years, assuming that he has grounds for the divorce he should be able to get the divorce. If the divorce is filed then usually the fact that one party has a new lover does not cause a problem. OTOH if you want to be safe, wait.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics