NY state department of labor audit Letter, What to do?

Asked 11 months ago - New York, NY

I go t a letter from the NY state department of labor that my company was randomly selected for an audit. Although i do not have any employee. i filed the company last year with me and my wife as partner. And i applied for all the NY state EID due to future employment. but still did not employ anyone yet.
Should i be worried? Or what is the necessary step i should take? I am not earning much yet, thats why i did not assign any lawyer or accountant. Trying to do all the legal stuff by myself for now until the revenue increase.

1. Vincent Peter White

3

Answered . It is not necessarily time to worry, but I would suggest working with an accountant. If the audit goes poorly, consider retaining an experienced employment attorney.

2. Thomas A. Ricotta

Pro

3

Answered . In this situation, I would not immediately worry or panic, but would definitely enlist in the services of an accountant to work with you on this issue.

3. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

1

1

Answered . If this is for unemployment insurance, they will want you to meet with them and explain that it is only your wife and you working. It is a routine audit and you should not need an accountant or attorney.