NY Order to Show Cause to Get Payments

Asked 7 months ago - New York, NY

I am a shareholder of an S corp that is refusing to pay me my share of disbursements and has not paid me in 16 months. The other partners are getting all the disbursements and I get zero. Can I file an Order to Show Cause to get immediate payments and back payments? Is the NY Supreme Court that quick and efficient?

1. Ryan G. Blanch

Pro

Answered . Scheduling depends on the county that you'll file in. Sometimes a demand letter from an attorney is enough of a warning before something is filed in court

2. Bruno Patrick Bianchi

Answered . You should consult an attorney about how best to proceed. You will have to initiate an action and seek immediate injunctive relief. If the corporation has assets (i.e. bank account) you may also want to attach them to insure payment.

The above constitutes general information only and should not be considered legal advice.