NVC case upgrade.

Asked over 2 years ago - White Plains, NY

hello experts.. i got my citizenship certificate and called up NVC to upgrade my spouse f2a they have upgraded as CR1 . and i have already sent out AOS (i485) package to USCIS ..Have not yet heard from USCIS been 2 weeks.. my spouse is currently here with me on b2 overstay so is it fine?just worried a little bit i have informed NVC that we do not need CP in home country as the Beneficiary is in USA currently.. but the case update email they have sent.. mentions CR1 and home country US Consulate address. please advice.
thanks

Hello Experts!!
i just got a text message and email saying that I485 has been transferred to NBC so it is something normal i guess as i did a research on it. Case number starts with MSC and i checked the case status today it shows ACCEPTANCE FOR FINGERPRINTS FEES. ad they cashed my check too.... so is everything fine? does it mean NO RFE?. please reply thanks.....

1. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

Answered . Not a problem. You have done the right thing by advising the NVC about your wife's current residence in the United States. However, you should do a follow-up with the NVC to guard against any errors on their part.

2. Anne Elizabeth Ohlrich

1

Answered . You can contact the NVC directly to insure they'e received the request to transfer your file to USCIS at your location. It may also be taking some time to process, although I understand it's been 2 weeks I know I have cases that take a bit longer just in terms of the local USCIS office getting the file back from NVC, etc.
    You may want to speak with an immigration attorney if it is delayed much longer, and they can prepare you and your spouse for the interview as well as be there on the day to accompany and answer any questions.
    All the best and good luck!

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . It sounds like you are fine. Once it has been six weeks, if you have heard nothing, make an info pass appointment at your local USCIS and ask them to check the comptor to see if your I-485 is in their system.