Skip to main content

NV Car Insurance company won't pay full compensation

Las Vegas, NV |

My son was rear-ended by a speeding vehicle while stopped at a traffic light in Las Vegas NV. He was not injured. However, his truck was totalled. He had recently purchased the truck and the insurance company will only pay $16,000 of the $24,000 he had paid. Now he has no truck and still has to pay the difference? The other driver is insured. Can something be done about this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Call your agent-see if your son has collision that will make up the difference.
If you can’t get satisfaction from the insurance companies call the insurance department, there is a law that requires that vehicle damages be settled in certain ways and the carriers involved may be in violation. Ultimately if you can’t get satisfaction you may have to sue. This, unfortunately, may not be cost effective.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer