Nurse case manager ???

Asked 10 months ago - Birmingham, AL

I live in Alabama I wanted to know do I have the right to stop her from coming
to my appointments. Because I have caught her in a lie she said the doctor
that I picked out of the panel of four wasn't in town and they wanted me to
see the doctor that done nothing for me. So I call the doctor that I choose to
see if he was in his office this week and he was there.

1. Jeffrey Glenn Blackwell

2

1

Answered . Nurse case managers should help injured workers get needed medical care. However, too often they do not. Instead, they have a different goal. That goal is to save the insurance company money. A bad case nurse can work against you and prevent you from getting needed medical care. Because far too many of them act against the injured worker's need for care, I provide very specific advise to all my clients.

You can certainly request that your appointments with the doctor be private. That will probably keep the nurse out of the actual appointment. But, be aware that she will probably still talk to the doctor since she is representing the insurance carrier. I would be very careful about the information you give to the case nurse. Many case nurses also gather information from the injured worker that the insurance company may later use to defend the claim.

You should seek legal advice concerning your injury and how to deal with this case nurse. If you would like some more information, I have written on this issue a couple times -- see the links below.