Number of shares in s-corp

Asked over 1 year ago - Darien, CT

Hi, I am trying to determine how many shares can I issue for my s-corp in CT. The articles of organization to be filed with the state don't specify anything or ask for that information. Can I make up a number? a hundred, a thousand or a million?

1. Francis G Pennarola

2

Answered . The minimum franchise fee to the state, $150, allows you to issue up to 20,000 shares. If you want to go beyond that, you can pay more. You are limited in the number of shareholders you can have in an S-Corp, so 20,000 hould be more than enough. Typically a lot fewer are going to be issued.

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

Answered . I typically advise 100 shares to begin with, unless there are some particular reasons to come up with a different number

3. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

Answered . I do not practice in CT. However, 100 or 200 are standard initial numbers. Best,