Nude pictures posted on facebook

Asked about 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

an ex impersonated me on facebook and posted 2 nude pictures. he then invited friends of my families to be his friend pretending to be me. Facebook has since taken the profile down 3 days later. only until today I find out about this. I have no proof it was my ex since he was the only one with both pictures... we have been apart 3 years. Can i sue him and have facebook send me any details of where my fake profile was created so I can see if it was him? I dont have any of the details of the profile since it was deleted by facebook. Does facebook keep details of closed accounts?

1. Stuart M. Address

Pro

8

1

Best Answer

Answered . Both prior answers of the two attorneys provide good information and advice. Further, you can sue and allege on information and belief that it was your ex who impersonated you on Facebook and posted the nude photos which constitutes an invasion of privacy and perhaps another tort or two. You could then subpoena Facebook for the IP address and other information on the account activity. Facebook does typically respond to these subpoenas and yes they do keep the information on their servers even if deleted by the user. Good luck.

2. Robert Louis Gardana

9

1

Answered . Facebook prohibits such content by their guidelines.

There was a similar case last month in Lee County. You should probably first report this to your local sheriff or police department. In the Lee County case, two Florida girls are facing cyberstalking charges for allegedly creating a fake Facebook profile in the name of a fellow high school student and placing obscene photos on the page, including one showing their classmate’s head atop the body of a “nude prepubescent girl’s body,” The article is at:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/florida/...

If the police do investigate it and it is proven that it was your exboyfriend, you can sue him for damages and his home owner's insurance may afford coverage depending on the claim you make - that is whether it was negligence versus an intentional act on his part - the latter of which is excluded under his policy.

Pro

9

1

Answered . You can retain a local lawyer who can subpeona the IP address of the poster, and subpeona the internet service provider to identify the person. These cases can be worth money. For example, a man emailed nude pictures of his ex-girlfriend to her work from his work, and I got the homeowners insurance company to cough up 200k. Get a local lawyer to help you, which you can find on Avvo.