Nude pics through text message

Lexington, KY |

Is it illegal to send nude pics of an adult to an adult

1. Yes, if the nude person didn't consent to have their photo taken or distributed, you'd be invading their privacy.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

2. Without knowing the specific facts and circumstances, it is difficult to know. But, the conduct is probably not a crime -- unless it rises to the level of harassing behavior. However, as Attorney Koslyn as indicated, you could be sued for the invasion of a person's right to privacy (and perhaps infliction of emotional discuss, and other claims), if you took and/or sent the nude/private pictures without express permission to do so. Also, if you did not take the picture in question, the person who took the picture may have a claim against you for copyright infringement.

Any answer or other information posted above is general in nature and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the posting attorney, and you are urged to engage a qualified attorney who is licensed to practice in the relevant jurisdiction.

3. I would always advise AGAINST sending anything private via a cell phone or email, or posting online. You lose control once you press the "send" button. People who receive the image may or may not remain loyal to you and may or not respect your privacy or your wishes. Stop it!

Here are two statutes in KY that may relate to your question:
    *************************************************************************************************************
    § 531.020. Distribution of obscene matter.

Kentucky Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 531. PORNOGRAPHY

Current through Chapter 106, Regular Session 2011

§ 531.020. Distribution of obscene matter

(1) A person is guilty of distribution of obscene matter when, having knowledge of its content and character, he:

(a) Sends or causes to be sent into this state for sale or distribution; or

(b) Brings or causes to be brought into this state for sale or distribution; or

(c) In this state, he:

1. Prepares, or

2. Publishes, or

3. Prints, or

4. Exhibits, or

5. Distributes, or

6. Offers to distribute, or

7. Has in his possession with intent to distribute, exhibit or offer to distribute, any obscene matter.

(2) Distribution of obscene matter is a Class B misdemeanor unless the defendant has in his possession more than one unit of material coming within the provisions of this chapter, in which case it shall be a Class A misdemeanor.

History. Effective: January 1, 1975
    Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, §266 , effective January 1, 1975
    ************************************************************************************************************
    § 531.010. Definitions.
    Kentucky Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 531. PORNOGRAPHY

§ 531.010. Definitions
    As used in this chapter:

(1) "Distribute" means to transfer possession of, whether with or without consideration.

(2) "Matter" means any book, magazine, newspaper, or other printed or written material or any picture, drawing, photograph, motion picture, live image transmitted over the Internet or other electronic network, or other pictorial representation or any statue or other figure, or any recording transcription or mechanical, chemical or electrical reproduction or any other articles, equipment, machines, or materials.

(3) "Obscene" means:

(a) To the average person, applying contemporary community standards, the predominant appeal of the matter, taken as a whole, is to prurient interest in sexual conduct; and

(b) The matter depicts or describes the sexual conduct in a patently offensive way; and

(c) The matter, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.

(4) "Sexual conduct" means acts of masturbation, homosexuality, lesbianism, bestiality, sexual intercourse, or deviant sexual intercourse; or physical contact with the genitals, flagellation, or excretion for the purpose of sexual stimulation or gratification.

History. Effective: June 25, 2009
    Amended 2009 Ky. Acts ch. 100, §3 , effective June 25, 2009. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, §265 , effective January 1, 1975

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..