Notice of right to inspection prior to termination of tenancy

Asked over 2 years ago - Pleasanton, CA

I moved out of my rental and did not ask for an inspection before I left. There were several things that the landlord deducted for repairs and cleaning, and so he took all my deposit. He never gave me a written notice of right to inspection after I gave him my 30 days notice. Does that give me a right to sue him for my deposit back, since the law says he has to give me written notice of my rights?

1. 2

1

Answered . Yes, the landlord did not comply with his/her statutory obligations. However, my follow-up comment is whether or not the deductions taken had merit?

2. Answered . You are entitled to an itemized list of the deductions. However, if the deductions ultimately had merit there may not be much point in proceeding. Mr. Bornstein and his firm are excellent in this area.