Notice of Nonsuit in TX

Groesbeck, TX |

What does this mean?

NOTICE OF NONSUIT

The Attorney General, pursuant to Rule 162, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure gives notice of its Nonsuit concerning its PETITION FOR CONFIRMATION OF NON-AGREED CHILD SUPPORT ORDER filed on...

I received 2 seperate letters with different cause numbers that said this exact same thing except filed on 2 seperate dates. Is there a limit to how many times a plaintiff can petition a matter and then nonsuit it? What action should I take?

1. Please see my response to your other question. It appears that the AG was pursuing a claim against you for not paying child support and then they withdrew it.

See a family lawyer for help.

I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls --- we need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. Thiss answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

2. Look, people take time from their busy schedules to help and when you ask the same question five or ten times, you are wasting everyone's time, yours included. Please list once with all facts relevant. We are doing you a courtesy and service here.

Contact your local bar association for referral to an attorney who specializes in this. Often, but not always, the attorney will do an initial consultation free of charge. You will then be in a better position to determine what to do next. Best of luck to you!

If you liked this answer, click on the thumbs up! Thanks. Eliz. C. A. Johnson Post Office Box 8 Danville, California 94526-0008 Legal disclaimer: I do not practice law in any state but California. As such, any responses to posted inquiries, such as the one above, are limited to a general understanding of law in California and not to any other jurisdiction. In addition, no response to any posted inquiry should be deemed to constitute legal advice, nor to constitute the existence of an attorney/client or other contractual or fiduciary relationship, inasmuch as legal advice can only be provided in circumstances in which the attorney is able to ask questions of the person seeking legal advice and to thus gather appropriate information.