Notice of Nonsuit in TX

Asked over 3 years ago - Groesbeck, TX

What does this mean?

NOTICE OF NONSUIT

The Attorney General, pursuant to Rule 162, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure gives notice of its Nonsuit concerning its PETITION FOR CONFIRMATION OF NON-AGREED CHILD SUPPORT ORDER filed on...

I received 2 seperate letters with different cause numbers that said this exact same thing except filed on 2 seperate dates. Is there a limit to how many times a plaintiff can petition a matter and then nonsuit it? What action should I take?

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Please see my response to your other question. It appears that the AG was pursuing a claim against you for not paying child support and then they withdrew it.

See a family lawyer for help.

2. Eliz C A Johnson

Answered . Look, people take time from their busy schedules to help and when you ask the same question five or ten times, you are wasting everyone's time, yours included. Please list once with all facts relevant. We are doing you a courtesy and service here.

Contact your local bar association for referral to an attorney who specializes in this. Often, but not always, the attorney will do an initial consultation free of charge. You will then be in a better position to determine what to do next. Best of luck to you!