NOTICE OF FILING CORRESPONDENCE FROM DEFENDANT mean?

Sanford, FL |

this is on my husbands case under clerk of the court records he has a felony charge for trafficing & conspiracy

Perhaps your husband wrote a letter to the judge which is not advisable. Your husband should not be writing letters to anyone and hopefully has a lawyer who is representing him.

If you want to actually see the correspondence you can go to the clerk office and pull his file. Unfortunately the Seminole county clerk does not currently have documents online.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

he did write a letter asking for a new council which shows up on 11-5 and now on 11-8 it says NOTICE OF FILING CORRESPONDENCE FROM DEFENDANT what does that mean?

the state never filed formal charges on the trafficing charge and by the 33rd day he should of been ROR for that charge and his public deffender never filed the motion so he wrote that on 11-3 to judge

Why is it not good to write the judge? his council was not helping him if she was then he would of been out ROR after the 33rd day in jail he is been in there for over 50days

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

Sure. It looks like the court filed the letter as public record so both the PD and State would be aware the letter was written. I hope you find that helpful!

thank you I will call your office im looking for a good lawyer for him :)

so do you think the letter to the judge was a bad idea? he wanted to bring it to the judges attention that he wasnt being treated fair & should of been ROR on FL statue 3. they can only hold him for up to 33 days if not filed on charges

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

You just don't want to put anything that can be potentially incriminating. For instance now the state will see what was in the letter your husband wrote. Please mark my answer helpful if you can. Please mention avvo and we will be glad to meet you.

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

Sorry about that My stupid phone!

ok thank you and he didnt know the state would see that :( i hope it didnt hurt his case

its ok lol

Your husband must have sent a letter to the judge, clerk or prosecutor. He should not do this again. The only person he should speak with is his lawyer. Most local attorneys offer a free consultation.

Although AVVO answers provide a starting point, nothing replaces the opinion of a qualified DUI defense attorney knowledgable about the Judges and prosecutors near you. You should consult a local lawyer for legal advice. Www.orlandocriminalteam.com Www.orlandoduiteam.com Www.orlandoduilawfirm.com Www.flduilawfirm.com Www.orlandodivorceteam.com

NEVER NEVER NEVER should a defendant write the judge or prosecutor. Handle everything through his attorney or public defender.