Notice of appearance

Asked over 1 year ago - Davie, FL

I had been representing myself but recently hired an attorney. Does he have to file a notice of appearance with the court and notify the other party, or can he just show up for hearings without doing either.

1. Heather Morcroft

1

Answered . He is supposed to file a notice of appearance, if he has not appeared by filing some other document. The standard is to file a notice of appearance.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Abraham Ovadia

Answered . It's standard operating procedure for an attorney to file a notice of appearance on a case after you become their client. It lets all the parties in a case know that the attorney is representing you. It also lets everyone know the correct mailing address and phone number for your lawyer