NOTICE is hereby being given on April 15, 2013 to vacate the premises or legal action will be forth coming.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

this was left on my door by my landlord on a plain piece of computer paper. it is not a legal doc. what does this mean? what do i do?

1. Charles Thomas Jr.

1

Answered . It is a legal document. Under the law, your landlord must demand that you vacate at least 10 days prior to going to court. Clock started running, I suspect.

2. Michael Ian Werner

Answered . This was an attempt by your landlord to post a "Notice to Quit". Such Notice may (or may not) be required under your lease. I strongly recommend you review your lease to determine how your landlord is require to proceed with a Eviction action. Then, prepare for the next phase. either move out or you should expect an Eviction Complaint will be files with your local Magisterial District Judge.
    It might also be time to pay a lawyer for 30 minutes of his/her time to review your options.