Notary Public Commission Expiration Date on Will Document with no expiration date!

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I need to have my Will notarized but since the notary public has a commission expiration date when the notary public stamps the Notary Public Seal with the Commission Expiration Date on this document after the notary signs it, although my Will document has no expiration date but does it mean that my Will is going to be expired too on same day as the Notary Public Commission Expiration Date? Thank you!

1. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . The notary expiration date is not a problem, so long as it was valid at the time you executed your Will.

2. Robert John Murillo

Answered . The expiration of the notary commission does not mean the underlying document then expires or terminates.