Not sure what this means, A photocopy form with original signature are required for filing. (Will I never get this right)

Asked 7 months ago - Rowland Heights, CA

My motion for default was REJECTED, For the following reasons. incomplete - Please refer to highlighted items on the returned form. (this I understand forgot some dates) Then next item says, A photocopy - form with original signature are required for filing.

Am I to return the now corrected document they highlighted for me that has my signature from when i first filed it (it is stamped already by the clerk)? or do they want a new corrected copy of the form and for me to sign it now (with no clerk stamp on it)?

/rant on "If I could afford an attorney believe me, I would of gotten one and stop this self mental torture, but I'm a single parent barely keeping a roof over our head." /rant off =) thank you!!!

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Marc Elliot Grossman


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Without know what actual document was "rejected", it seems like the court is simply requesting that you "fix" the documents, as indicated), and to provide the original [fixed copy] to include a copy to be conformed [a copy for your records].

    If you're still having issues with getting this filed, speak with the family law clerk regarding any self-help resources they can provide to you or visit the California Judicial Counsel website at

  2. Sandra Maria Nutt

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . New corrected copy. Can't be sure of anything w/out seeing papers. And if you can't afford an attorney use self help desk and find pro bono services. CA has the best pro bono services in the country in my opinion and you need to take the time to utilize them so you aren't mentally torturing yourself. Harriet Buhai, courthouse self-help, Levitt & Quinn, Neighborhood Legal Services. DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE A VICTIM. It's difficult but you owe it to yourself to get it done right.

  3. Gregory Paul Benton

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . An original signature is not required for filing but you must have in your possession the original signatures if ever you are questioned about it. A faxed signature is just as acceptable for filing as an original signature.

  4. Ryan G. Blanch


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If you had a clerk stamped original copy and could not make corrections within the original existing document them you could have reprinted the document signed it anew and refiled it with the correction notice.. If you are not up against a deadline then just reprint everything and file it.

    As we don't know enough about your case, you should not consider my answer to be legal advice. You would need to... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,764 answers this week

2,905 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,764 answers this week

2,905 attorneys answering