Not sure if I will be H1b transfered during US goverment shut down

Boulder, CO |

I am holding H1b visa and want to join new company. Now next company is having LCA for me but need to process H1b transfer process. As US government shut down, will it possible to get H1b transferred during this period ? Will USCIS process my application if I will submit during shut down period ?

I can see that USCIS is having standard message on there website , stating that all world wide offices are open. But there is no specific msg stating that these office are open even during US shut down time. Further seen some blogs stating that H1b transfer will get delayed because of shut down. So I am confused now !! Please guide me..

USCIS has not shut down. However, DOL is not processing LCAs. Waiting for guidance on this issue.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. We have not received any formal notification that the government will accept H1B applications without certified LCA's. We are hoping to hear something by the end of the week

3. The key problem is that DOL is closed. Thus, no LCA.

What did the new company's immigration lawyer say when you asked him/her this question?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.