Not sure if I should persue my problem.

Merrimac, MA |

After years of my pcp not allowing me to see my gyn Dr., I saw 3 different nurse practicioners for my annual gyn exams. When my insurance finally allowed me to see a gyn Dr. without a referral I went to one. She found a 2 pound football sized fibroid tumor. So big I had to have a hysterectomy and I lost my ovary and fallopian tube. (I am only 40 years old) Not to mention 2 months of work for recovery. She said "nobody ever noticed this before?" I said no. I obtained my medical records, and all of my abdominal exams and pap smears were "normal". Not sure where to go with this. I am sure the NP's have missed this on other women. Please advise!
Thank you

1. Call me right away! This type of case has potential. However, I won't be able to advise you until I have a medical expert review your records. I'm happy to assist you with this. Joseph Chancellor (617) 725-2675
    www.chancellorlaw.com

2. You should absolutely speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact my office if you would like to go forward.

3. You should speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. However, my impression is that you probably do not have a viable case. It is not uncommon for fibroids to grow rapidly in premenopausal women. Even if the fibroid had been diagnosed earlier, your physician may have recommended a hysterectomy anyway. I assume you lost one ovary and tube. Therefore, you still have a functioning ovary and were not put into surgical menopause. While there may have been a delay in the diagnosis of your fibroid, it probably did not change your outcome enough to warrant an expensive and lengthy lawsuit. Good luck.