Not sure if i had a warrant out for my arrest then got stopped for a dui

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Clarita, CA

if i had a warrant for my arrest from an infraction ticket and got stopped for my 2nd dui would they hold me in jail the night i got the dui? or would they hold me in jail of the day of the arrigment what usually happens in a situation like this

1. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

4

Answered . Really need more in formation to answer this question. First, generally warrants are not issued on traffic tickets, they impose civil assessments instead of warrants. Need to know what jurisdiction . You should have been able to bail out of jail ater the arrest

2. Edgar J. Reynoso

Pro

3

Answered . It depends on many factors not included in your question. You should call an AVVO lawyer so they can better answer the question.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

3

Answered . It depends on many other factors, but it is quite possible to be held in jail the night you receive your second DUI. Having a warrant for failure to deal with the infraction is not taken lightly by the court. It's a sign of comtempt and disrespect so expect a difficult time from the court. My suggestion is to take care of the infraction ticket immediately.