Not recived my EAD card yet but I have H1 approved starting October ?Can i continue working.

Herndon, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

I am graduating on June 25 and I still have not recieved my EAD card, but I have expedited the request on 15th june and I got the reply that I will get the decision in 30 days.
That still leaves me with 20 days.
My employer applied for my H1 in premium processing and I have H1 approval which will kick off in october.
Any suggestions what should I do to get my OPT card asap.
Can I still continue to work and run my payroll is there any other option for me?

1. There is no way of expediting an EAD. You cannot not work without one before October 1st.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. no and I hope you are remaining in status in all of this or you create another set of problems.

Please be advised this answer is for informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. You should also see a local attorney for legal advise before acting on any of the statements given to you online as there may be aspects of your case that are not obvious by the question asked online.