Not recived my EAD card yet but I have H1 approved starting October ?Can i continue working.

Asked over 3 years ago - Herndon, VA

I am graduating on June 25 and I still have not recieved my EAD card, but I have expedited the request on 15th june and I got the reply that I will get the decision in 30 days.
That still leaves me with 20 days.
My employer applied for my H1 in premium processing and I have H1 approval which will kick off in october.
Any suggestions what should I do to get my OPT card asap.
Can I still continue to work and run my payroll is there any other option for me?

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . There is no way of expediting an EAD. You cannot not work without one before October 1st.

2. Lisa Monique Okoh-Brown

Answered . no and I hope you are remaining in status in all of this or you create another set of problems.