Skip to main content

Not received L2 extension approval notice for kids

Charlotte, NC |
Filed under: Visa extensions

My company applied for my L1 extension and L2 extension for my wife and 2 kids. My L1 and my wife's L2 got approved and we both received the approval notices. But we did not get approval notices for my kids. If my family has to leave US, is this approval notice for kids mandatory? Will the L2 application receipt show my wife as well as my kids names so that atleast we can prove we had applied for their extensions?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your children may be listed on your wife's L2 approval notice. If not, you should ask the attorney who filed to follow up with the CIS.

800-688-7892, Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.



Thanks for the response. My attorney seems to be hiding some info. I am guessing that they have missed to submit the I 539 S for my kids along with I 539 for my wife. Hence I was checking if the L2 Application Receipt notice will have names of kids also so that I get confirmation.

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta


Let me know if you need any help. L2 are individual petitions. You or an attorney's office can call the CIS on your behalf to check.


You need to discuss this with the attorney who handled the matter for your employer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Your children's names should appear on your wife's Notice of Approval.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer