Not my case...Can your attorney refuse to view Discovery in your case and not show client discovery as well.

Asked 8 months ago - Dallas, TX

Discovery has been in attorney's presence for 3 months now...attorney has not viewed discovery, listened to 911 call or allowed defendant to review any evidence. Only says based on what they(prosecutors are telling me this is what they say happened.....) They are now wanting defendant to sign plea......Can this be one instance of Ineffective assistance??..

1. Samuel Cohen

3

Answered . Have your friend discuss this with his/her lawyer. S/he is entitled to see the evidence. You should not be involved.

2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

1

Answered . If it is not your case, it is not good for the person you are talking about for you to discuss the case. Let the person involved talk to his or her attorney about it and ask questions.

3. Edward James Kazaleh

Answered . Criminal proceedings are between the accused, his lawyer and prosecutor. Any injection of information such as what you are doing is hurtful. Is your friend in a coma or incapable of communicating he or she demands to see the evidence or terminates the lawyer/. Plus you dont know what agreements there are already... I you actually cared you would not post on a free internet forum and call an Attorney to hire them for a consultation or second opinion... talk to Kenneth Weatherspoon up there... Those attorneys who don't run up costs and have big expensive staff are usually in Court all day and after you leave a message, will call you back in the evening if possible.