Not listing a child in my green card application

Asked 8 months ago - Greenville, NC

Myself and my ex came to the US on b2 visa, we never had intention of having our baby in the US but just about the time we re to return home she was admitted and the doctor advice she can't fly so she had the baby here. Before then we been having serious issues about the pregnancy, now she returned back home, divorced me and state the child is not mine and the court grants the case.
I'm married now here in the US and i did not list the child in my application considering the fact that of my wife and the divorced paper.
Will this affect my application for Adjustment of status?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . It will be an issue.

2. Daniel Boone Mitchell

3

Best Answer

Answered . You should consult an immigration attorney moving forward. You will need a copy of the child's birth certificate and your attorney may need to look at state specific rules about paternity of a child during a marriage as well. You should seriously consider always hiring an attorney to assist you anytime you are dealing with USCIS.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

Answered . Is the child yours or not yours? What did the court hold? If not yours, you don't have a child...