Non relative permanent guardianship

Asked about 3 years ago - Oviedo, FL

how do i get a non relative gaurdianship revoked and have my son placed into the custody of a family member instead the person that has my son had a fake social worker tell me I have no rights to my son and I cant visit him because she calls the cops whenever I try and I was told if I call or come by to see my son I will get arrested by the police. I never signed any papers terminating my rights. Dcf never gave me a copy of the permanent guardianship papers. She said she cant afford to take care of him so she demands that I pay her child support. im on welfare and have other kids. So what do I do I want my son to live with my sister in Connecticut

1. Eliz C A Johnson

Answered . First and foremost, what is best for your Son should be the consideration, not what is best for you. If there was fraud in the guardianship process, you need an attorney to work through that with you. I cannot speak to your child support obligations based on this. Seek an attorney today because the longer you wait, the less inclined a court may be to uproot this child from the home he has had this long. Good luck to you.

This is intended to be general guidance and not necessarily state specific advice. There are some concepts that are the same or similar in most jurisdictions but not all. Use the AVVO.com web site to find an attorney in your area for state specific advice. In addition to that, contact your local bar association for referral to an attorney who specializes in this or talk to friends and neighbors to ask about an attorney they have used and liked. Often, but not always, the attorney will do an initial consultation free of charge. You will then be in a better position to determine what to do next. Best of luck to you!

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now