Skip to main content

Non-Profit CC facility is not allowing my mother back. Do they have the right to immediately discharge a Senior Citizen

Tinton Falls, NJ |

Non Profit Continuing Care facility- Mom was injured- we stopped paying bill. The say she can't return unless paid in full. She left to visit her daughter. They are saying she left voluntarily. No discharged papers where given. Or prior written notice.

What if a partial payment is made?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You need to include information regarding your mother's injury, ie was it the result of an accident, slip and fall, act of another, etc. Was she injured at the facility or by workers at the facility. While you certainly should not stop paying the bill, I suggest you seek out the help of an attorney specializing in nursing home personal injury related matters. It's difficult to answer your question without knowing more facts, however.

  2. If your mom was injured she may have a personal injury claim. However, she can't stop paying the bill.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

  3. It is important to make sure that her bills are being paid for. If she was injured, she may have a 3rd party claim depending on the facts of the case.

  4. Have one of the above lawyers in your state investigate the injury claim

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics