Non payment of court ordered settlement

Asked about 6 years ago - Cleveland, OH

One year ago my ex-spouse was ordered to pay me monthly payments as an agreement he be permitted to remain in our family home and it not be sold during divorce. As of date 11/03/2008 he had not made any of court order payments. My attorney will no longer file motions concerning case due to the fact a portion of his fees were also ordered to be paid by my ex, needless to say he has not received these either. Mr. works at one of largest auto manfacture in country and makes rather large income. Am I able to garnishee his wages to receive was he was ordered to pay by judge? I can not afford to pay another attorney at this time.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John Michael Drain Jr.


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If your divorce has already happened and your husband is no longer working for that auto manufacturer you may be out of luck. If the divorce has not happened you may be able to reduce the arrearages in the temporary alimony payments to judgment and garnishee his wages at work. I fear that many of the facts are not stated in your question and/or that your circumstances have changed since 11/3/08, so the best advice may be to consult with an attorney to see what your options are.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,027 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,027 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering