Non-Military Service Certification

Asked over 5 years ago - New Brunswick, NJ

I am at the "final judgment by default" stage of my law suit for money that is owed to me, and I know that i need to have certification of non-military service. Where can I obtain this from?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Erik Glen Swanson

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . The DOD's Servicemembers Civil Relief Act site, at, can supply you with an affidavit stating if the individual is on active duty or not. You need to know the requested information, however.

    This affidavit is generally sufficent for judges in Illinois. You would have to check with your Judge to determine if it is acceptable there.

    Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,147 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,147 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering