Non-Immigrant from the Netherlands, working on E-Visa in NYC, charged with possession, pleated guilty to disorderly conduct.

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I was arrested and charged with possesion of controlled substances to the 7th degree (while in the police station the print out with belongings wrote selling of controlled substances and they took pictures and prints?)
Pleated guilty to disorderly conduct, payed court fee, sentence: time served.
I know only the disorderly conduct charge does not make me inadmissible, but on the certificate of disposition it'll say the inital arrest was drugs related.

In two weeks I'll be travelling for three days to Mexico. Upon re-entry: will I be deported? Or refused? Or what can i expect?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . How do you know that disorderly conduct does not make you inadmissible? It is true that it is not a crime under criminal law, but NY conviction of disorderly conduct equals to a misdemeanor under Federal law. I suggest you consult with an attorney in private. Check this out: http://www.uscis.gov/err/M1%20-%20Application%2...

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . If your case is closed (meaning you did not receive a Conditional Discharge) it should be sealed and not cause you a problem. If the case is still open and unsealed in theory you could be denied re-entry.... it's up to the Immigration officer. Make sure you bring a Certificate of Disposition with you.

3. Joseph Caraccio

Answered . It will definitely be something that affects anything you do with immigration. You will need an original final disposition. You should speak with an immigration attorney.