Skip to main content

Non Disclosure of Criminal Records

Houston, TX |

A criminal record in l998 became probation. But the record was not removed. So the person sets a hearing to remove it. The clerk insist the person get an attorney...and gives advice UNSOLICITED...Falfurrias. The clerk after 3 mailing can't find the documents. The scenario goes on and on... Finally, the certified by the State Rep cannot be ignored. Hearing scheduled. Judge Terrell declares money is owed way back from l998. NO--it wasn't. E X T O R T I O N Who deals with that? Criminal and since it is extortion and not incompetence: what court and what type of attorney could file on the extortion plot?

Attorney Answers 3


Your question makes no sense. If the person did not receive and successfully complete deferred adjudication probation, then the person is not entitled to nondisclosure. If the person still owed money on a probation which was discovered as a result of an attempt to seal records from 1998, I do not see how they could still try to collect on that since they no longer have the power to revoke the probation.

Although I have answered the question to try to help you, you should consult with a lawyer in your area in person on the matter. In addition, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us.

Mark as helpful


I have no idea what question you are asking. If a person is placed on deferred probation and successfully completes it, the case will be dismissed. Then the process is to file for a sealing of the records. This will keep your record clean.

The information contained in this answer is for general guidance on matters of interest only. Accordingly, this answer is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a professional.

Mark as helpful


Your question is not clear. please clarify what you are asking. Only a successfully completed Deferred adjudication probation can be sealed.

Notice: The information contained herein is intended as general legal information and does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not governed by confidentiality rules. This general legal information is not a substitute for seeking the direct advice of legal counsel.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics