Skip to main content

Non Custodial rights when other parent wants to leave state...

Charlotte, MI |

My boyfriend's ex wants to move to Tenn from MI. She is going to follow her boyfriend of a month...they were together up until 2 months ago, and they haven't had a chance to file in court for visitation. He thinks she can leave without his permission because they haven't been to court yet, is this true? Can he stop her from moving???? she will not have a job there, she is going solely to be with this new man...

Attorney Answers 1


If there is no existing custody order, she may leave without court permission. He should consider promptly contacting an attorney to see if he may be entitled to exparte relief. If he has had regular contact with the child, the Court might enter an Order preventing the mother from moving out of state.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics