Non-Custodial Parents Rights in Washington State...

Asked almost 6 years ago - Everett, WA

I'm a non-custodial parent of three children who have different fathers. C.P.S. became involved only to interfere with a parenting plan that they ordered me to get along with a restraining order. They are no longer involved in this case, and the dependency case that resulted was dismissed without any findings. However, the care that C.P.S. supported that the children should be in has been awarded to the father, who was never the primary care giver of the children. These children are presently being medically neglected and injured in the care of the father, there is photographic evidence of blood pouring out of my 23 month old child's ear. There has been a C.P.S. report made by the visitation supervisor, as well as by the mother in regards to finding blood coming out this child's ear, as well as finding cigarette burns on the body, with supporting photographic evidence, as well as stick shaped bruises, and cuts on the child being in the care of the father. The parental custody case is now appeal. The non-custodial parent would like to know is there any way to protect the children from further harm in the state of Washington? Since C.P.S. is failing miserably at protecting these children from the abuse, and supporting signs thereof by being in the father's care? Can a non-custodial parent file a order for protection for the children, on the children's behalf?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Yale Lewis III


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . if the other side is violating specific provisions of the parenting plan, you should consider a contempt motion

    if the other side's behavior has gotten substantially worse since the parenting plan was entered, or if there is some other substantial change of circumstances in the other side's household, you might consider filing a parenting plan modification.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,673 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,673 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering