Non-Custodial Parents Rights in Washington State...

Everett, WA |

I'm a non-custodial parent of three children who have different fathers. C.P.S. became involved only to interfere with a parenting plan that they ordered me to get along with a restraining order. They are no longer involved in this case, and the dependency case that resulted was dismissed without any findings. However, the care that C.P.S. supported that the children should be in has been awarded to the father, who was never the primary care giver of the children. These children are presently being medically neglected and injured in the care of the father, there is photographic evidence of blood pouring out of my 23 month old child's ear. There has been a C.P.S. report made by the visitation supervisor, as well as by the mother in regards to finding blood coming out this child's ear, as well as finding cigarette burns on the body, with supporting photographic evidence, as well as stick shaped bruises, and cuts on the child being in the care of the father. The parental custody case is now appeal. The non-custodial parent would like to know is there any way to protect the children from further harm in the state of Washington? Since C.P.S. is failing miserably at protecting these children from the abuse, and supporting signs thereof by being in the father's care? Can a non-custodial parent file a order for protection for the children, on the children's behalf?

if the other side is violating specific provisions of the parenting plan, you should consider a contempt motion

if the other side's behavior has gotten substantially worse since the parenting plan was entered, or if there is some other substantial change of circumstances in the other side's household, you might consider filing a parenting plan modification.

Child custody topics