Non custodial parent wants medical details about Son and Custodial parent is not providing.? What should I Do?

Asked 7 months ago - Lexington, KY

Hi I'm non custodial parent with 5 year old son who has hole in the heart. Now custodial parent moved to west coast and not providing medical details/ Physician details of my son.
I'm curious to know how is my son's medical health doing. Please advise what should I Do ?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jonathan Clark Baird


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . File a motion with the court that decided custody and ask for order giving you access to medical records and medical providers. Even though you aren't entitled to make decisions on medical care you should have access

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Father's rights in child custody

Father's rights refers to the parental rights of the father, primarily child custody and visitation rights. Fathers sometimes also need to establish paternity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,658 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,658 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering