Non custodial parent refuses to communicate regarding anything

Asked 10 months ago - Central Islip, NY

his family is spanking our child and he refuses to address it with me. he refuses to take our child to extra curricular activities on his saturdays. he refuses telephone calls to our son from me and when he does call back he limits the phone call to one minute and its on speaker for everyone to hear. he threatens me with the police and has called the police in front of our child which was very detrimental. his familiy is very confrontational with me in front of our child. is there anything a court will do in ny to limit the time spent with him or perhaps ask him to cooperate and communicate

1. Alexis Riley

4

3

Answered . You can petition the court for a modification of custody. You should contact a local child custody attorney to discuss this matter further. Your attorney can then take the necessary steps to filing a petition for modification of custody and present the necessary evidence to the court.

Good Luck!

2. Douglas Shaun Kepanis

4

Answered . You can seek a modification of the visitation by filing either a petition or Order to Show Cause seeking modification with the family court.

3. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Pro

2

Answered . If you file a petition, the court can modify the order to prohibit certain behavior but enforcing it may be impossible.

4. Christopher Irvin Simser

2

Answered . No court can change a person's outlook or behavior. That said, his behaviors, if properly documented, can be the basis for a Petition to modify custody and/or visitation. A qualified family law attorney in your area can assist you in doing so.

5. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

1

Answered . No. A court is not a behavior modification service was wayward parents. If the opposing parent didn't grow up, the court will do nothing to mature him.