Non- competition clause on an employment agreement in Michigan

Asked over 2 years ago - Collierville, TN

I got a legal notice from my employer stating a breach of non-competition clause in the employment agreement. My employer is in Michigan and my work location is in Tennessee. There is a vendor between my employer and the end-client. Does the non-competition clause apply for the end-client too? If the end-client has stated that he can hire the candidate after a certain period of time, is the non-competition clause still valid?

1. Patrick Dylan Witherington

Pro

1

Answered . You should have an attorney review the non-competition agreement. The specific language of the agreement should be analyzed by an attorney to determine whether it applies to employment with the end-client. The document may also have a "choice of law" clause that says what state's law controls the interpretation of the agreement. Here is a recent blog post on the evaluation of non-compete agreements in Tennessee: