Skip to main content

Noise ordinance regarding neighbors

West Palm Beach, FL |

I live in a duplex and was just curious if there is a noise ordinance governing my neighbors tv surround sound/music? You cannot hear the noise outside however it is very loud in my house. The bass from the television and music rattles my walls. Their television is against the wall that connects our homes.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Noise ordinances are typically locally adopted. Sometimes homeowners associations adopt bylaws restricting noice. To find out if your property is covered by a noise restriction you can contact your local zoning office and your homeowners association.

Ordinances can be tricky to read so you may want to contact a local attorney for help.

DISCLAIMER: This answer does not constitute legal advice nor does it form an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and responder. You should seek competent legal counsel in your jurisdiction to address any specific legal concerns you have.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer