Noise Complaint. Noisy upstairs neighbors, landlord isn't doing anything to help. What can I do?

Asked over 4 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

This is going on for 2 years. I live in Brooklyn NY, in a 6 stories building. Here are the issues: Excessive amount of noise coming from neighbors above. I've called over 60 times to 311 and Police, and I have proof. I sent 3 certified letters to landlord and he has not responded. I've tried talking to the neighbors yet they were extremely rude and threatened me. Lastly, I sent them a letter. I called Brooklyn House, DHCR, NYC 311, Police Department, and Consumer Affairs. I don’t know what else to do. I’ve invested so much money in this apartment and I love it. I live with my family here and this is a perfect neighborhood. What can I do?

1. Gerry M. Wendrovsky

Answered . I have heard this complaint, with the same basic facts, on many occasions in the last few years. There are two routes to go, either through a Housing court process in Civil Court, or by starting an affirmative lawsuit in Supreme Court. Either way, it involves a complicated court case. Legal fees can get expensive, but depending on your lease, you may be entitled to reimbursement. Kindly contact me through the link below if you require further information.