No updates on Naturalization case after 120 days of interview and RFE response, despite it's over past Chicago processing time.

Chicago, IL |

Hi,

My wife received RFE after her citizenship interview on 02/12/13 at Chicago. The interviewing officer wanted originals of my divorce document mailed to his attention after her interview. We sent my original divorce document along with G884 filing and the officer returned my original document within 3 weeks, but we neither got any update on the RFE response review nor the case is moving forward despite an Infopass appointment before a month and a service request through Tier 2 a week ago. During the Infopass, the officer at the enquiry desk informed us that our IO hasn't worked on our case yet and it's idle with him for more than 90 days. Pls advice how to make the IO work on our case or what should be our next step, since it has already passed 120 days after the interview.

Thanks!

If you have proof of the InfoPass and RFE filing, then it may be time for an experienced attorney or Congressional Liaison to intervene.

An appropriate law suit should be filed in Federal Court one year after the exam, perhaps sooner, depending upon the urgency.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before this matter becomes more complicated. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

2. Generally you can not force an immigration office to make a decision. Did you send your response to the RFE via certified mail so that you have proof that he received it. As always it is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleague.

4. I think at this point you may want to consult and likely hire an attorney to communicate with USCIS to inquire as to the delay and maybe encourage that it move along.

5. The most effective approach I know is to retain an experienced immigration attorney at this point to devise an appropriate legal strategy after analyzing your case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com