No title, no registration, no plates, no contract...private used vehicle sale. Am I correct that no transfer/sale/K was done?

San Francisco, CA |

No title, no registration, no plates, no contract, no bill of sale, no transfer documents...private used vehicle sale. Am I correct that no transfer/sale/K was done? Was a very small sale but seller is angry/threatening legal action due to no contract made. Does seller have any leg to stand on?

Whether the seller has a leg to stand on depends greatly on the legal action the seller wishes to pursue. Also, when you say no title, no etc., do you mean that the seller had none of those things, or that none of them was given to the buyer? Because if the seller had the title and didn't sign it over to the buyer, the seller still owns the vehicle. From there, the seller would be in a great position to pursue any legal action, although the buyer wouldn't be without recourse. You'll have to give an attorney more details about the transaction to learn more about where you stand.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business