No results matched your search for my son took an Alford plea on a Man.1 case.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Murray, KY

He tried to pull his plea before sentencing but was denied. He has since won his appeal and is headed back to court. What are the chances that the DA and judge will make a more leinant deal?
thank you.

1. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney in your area, if you have not already done so. I assume he was represented by counsel when a decision was made to enter the plea to Manslaughter I. The prosecutor may reevaluate the case and make a more favorable offer or make an offer more harsh than the original. The judge is not involved in the plea negotiations. That is between the defense attorney and the prosecutor. Good luck.

2. David Brent Cox

Pro

3

Answered . If he was able to get the Judge's denial of a motion to withdraw his plea reversed by the Court of Appeals, I cannot imagine the judge or the prosecutor being happy about that (depending on the circumstances). But, he definitely needs legal counsel to attempt to negotiate a new plea agreement or take the matter to trial. Good luck!