Skip to main content

No response received from regional school district attorney - what next? - NJDOE has received response; I have not.

Buena, NJ |

I found it necessary to file a petition pro se with the NJ Department of Education naming the principal of the high school and the school district superintendent for violations to NJSA 18A:25-2, NJSA 18A:37-2, & NJAC 6A:16-7.2 at the very least. State replied with a dkt. no. + date + gave a 10 day extension until 10/10/2013. I talked to Controversies and Disputes the late afternoon of 10/10 and today. They sent it to Admin. Law Friday - on its way to S. Jersey today (I called S. Jersey also; I have OAL dkt #). I have gotten NO response or any notices via USPS. State says they have proof that it has been sent to me, I have no response.
I feel that this neglect coincides with my complaint! Letter from their attorney states, "...unsure if a copy had actually been filed with the DOE."

I am also looking to file a complaint with regard to the Principal breaking my child's First Amendment right of freedom of speech. This has to be settled before I can file anything regarding the First Amendment.

Attorney Answers 1


Your case is complex and should not be attempted without the assistance of an attorney. When suing a municipal entity there are a number of strict requirements, such as serving a notice of tort claim. If you believe you have a claim, please contact an experienced attorney.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Helpful" or "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics