No response on green card application

Chicago, IL |

my wife petitioned for me to get a green card 9 months ago. we went for interview in April. we haven't received any response up to now. we called USCIS customer service and the representative acknowledged that our case was beyond the processing time. Is there any solution to this quagmire ?

1. This appears to be a duplicate question.

Contact an attorney, or
    make an InfoPass appointment, and/or
    call your US Senator

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. No. If your case requires background checks, you have to wait. If it has been sent to investigations, it could be a long wait. If it takes 2 years or so, then I would recommend filing a lawsuit.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. If you are more than one month over the average processing time for the USCIS office where your application is being processed, I recommend scheduling an Infopass appointment or filing an electronic inquiry with USCIS. If you choose to schedule an Infopass appointment, be sure to bring the receipt notices or interview notice for your application along with photo identification.