No proof of insurance in Kansas what would the fine/cost be?

Asked 12 months ago - Mission, KS

Recently moved from Missouri to Kansas (i havent gotten my car registered/tagged ect. Swithed over to ks) and currently do not have insurance on my car.

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

2

Answered . No insurance is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of $300.00 to $1,000.00 and up to six months in jail. It is also a "serious traffic offense" which can lead to a designation as an habitual offender of the traffic ordinances, which carries a three year suspension. It can also lead to a suspension by itself.

Get insurance immediately and speak with a local attorney about representation on the charge. It is more serious than you may have thought.

2. Adebayo Ifasesan Kehinde Ogunmeno

Answered . You need to get car insurance immediately. You should understand Kansas law is more strict than Missouri law. No insurance in Kansas is a class B misdemeanor, six month in county jail, $300 to $1000.00 for first offense, and driver's license suspended until proof of insurance is provided. Second offense within 3 years, it's class A misdemeanor, 12 months in county jail, $800 to $2,500.00 fine, and driver's license suspended until proof of insurance. Call or email me and I may be able to assist you, or answer other questions you may have.