NO PROBABLE CAUSE TO SEARCH VEHICLE AND WALLET WHILE AT MY JOB,HAVE WORK ID AND WORK KEYS ,POLICE STILL ARRESTED ME POSS OF CONT

Hayward, CA |

7-20-2012 leaving place work police approached me guns drawn,placed me in cuffs asked quest.i stated who i am have work id have work keys ,officers stated i shouldnt be here this late 10 pm he continue to ask why i was here i gave my explanation still needed referance to who i was another officer searched my vehicle and wallet without my concent.Found old brass fittings in my car and a small amount of meth in my wallet one officer stated i was a drug using thief charged me poss.of a cont.sub.My boss didnot press charges but i got fired for misconduct .I pleaded in court to a charge of dissturbin the peace @ fine pub defender stated officer had done a illegal search and for me to take the offer since it was an illegal search are the police liebal for me losing my job was my civil rights

I feel i was rushed to plea to a lessor chargr by the public defender and my unemployment was denide to the fact my employer said i quit .i wasgranted unemployment ins.for one week when a review cancelled my unemployment .

Copy this question and post it under the practice area "Employment law" and under "Civil Rights." You'll get a wider response. Your criminal case has already been resolved so you don't really need a criminal defense lawyer.

I agree with wht you say your PD said,. However, I believe that since you entered a plea, you may not sue.
This is a government entity and employee. You have limited time to file a complaint upon which you may later file a suit. See a pi attorney who regularly sues copps/the government. Should be able to get a free consultation.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

The fact that you plead guilty to the disturbing the peace charge may prohibit you from claiming your rights were violated, or at least create difficulty for any future civil rights case.
You should contact a local civil rights attorney for a consultation - someone who can review the records from your criminal case.

Police misconduct topics