No one seems to have an answer. "who" actually calculates release date after court.

Costa Mesa, CA |

The transcript seems to be clear my son will be released on or before Nov 15 2013, however the computer system per CWP states April 2014. Who is responsible, after sentencing, for actually calculating a release date, and how do I (or his attorney - who doesn't seem to be able to answer this question) go about correcting an incorrect release date?

I am desperately seeking your advice on this matter and appreciate your response and assistance I have or original transcript - and after 7 years working as a duediligence officer for the Federal Government, I assure you, I know how to read this document. What are the chances, once I present this information - that they will consider it, and correct the release date

The release date is controlled by the facility in which he is housed. After sentencing, and the calculation his custody credits, the court no longer controls when he will actually be released. That is why no one, including his lawyer, can give you an exact date. If you or your son want clarification on the release date, contacting the facility is probably the best way to find out why they have listed the date they have.

Can I (his Mother) contact the facility (James Musick) and ask for clarifcation? Can he (my son) request the clarification? And what is the likely hood of them (the Facility) changing the release date, after its been enter into the system. Per the transcript, my son was to be release approx. 4 months from the date of sentencing (sign plea on July 12, 2013).. and transcript states "he must report to collections no later than Jan 5 ,2014 to pay any outstanding fees - yet his release date was entered into records as April 7, 2014

Contact the holding facility for the definitive release date.

We have a definitive release date, but my question is: if the court transcript states (he entered into a plea on July 12, 2013) he (my son) is to report to collections to pay any outstanding fees by Jan 5, 2014 - but his release dated was entered into records as April 14, 2014 how do I get that date corrected? Thank you in advance for your answer

I greatly appreciate your advice on this matter., and appreciate your response and assistance I have the original transcript - and after 7 years working as a duediligence officer for the Federal Government, I assure you, I know how to read this document, and so, what are the chances, once I present this information, that will be correct the release date? Thank you again for your assistance

The sheriff’s department typically runs the jail and they are the ones that determine when he is released. The information provided by the court is simple guidance.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.